Sunday, May 13, 2007

First Day in Scotland

Got into Edinburgh about 6:00 today. Within an hour, I had a couple locals showing me where to buy a decent bottle of scotch and taking me out to a couple pubs. People seem very friendly here. I had booked a room until Wednesday, but after walking around, I'm going to stay until Monday. I mean hell, they have a literary pub crawl, how can I resist the combination of my two favorite things? I found this awesome whisky bar with probably close to 50+ different bottles and a bartender who is staying at my hostel. Have yet to meet anyone staying here at the hostel, but the place itself seems pretty cool. Pubs actually stay open late here, unlike London, and it kinda looks like there is a decent music scene. Haven't really decided if I'm going out tonight. Still working on uploading those pics. By the way, I noticed that a lot of pubs around here are hiring . . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am emailing a friend believed to be in Edinburgh now. London friend never returned my message.

If you get a job at a Scottish pub - i might just have to join you.

Anonymous said...

matt, do not encourage him!!! he is not allowed to move outside the U.S.