Thursday, May 24, 2007

More time to blog

Found another computer and was able to plan out the next week or so. I've really just been winging it during my time in Glasgow and kinda got screwed with the scheduling of my trip over to Brussels. I've decided to check out Manchester before my flight to Brussels.

Glasgow has been fun--the club nights I've found have been a bit better than they were in Edinburgh (here, 'indie night' doesn't mean 3 year-old emo songs). I'm tempted to stay here another week to see a bunch of cool shows, but don't really have the money to keep spending. Plus, I want to give myself about a week to look for a job in Edinburgh, so I don't really have all that much time left for traveling. We have actually had a couple beautiful days here, though the last two have kinda sucked. The galleries haven't been all that great, though I did see two works at the modern art museum that were really cool.

The whole vibe for my stay here has definitely been different than it was in London or Edinburgh. I've met a couple really cool people here, but far fewer than in the other hostels. The hostel is filled with teens from all over that are here for some conference.

There is no accessible USB port on the computer here either, so the pics are still going to have to wait.

No comments: