Thursday, May 17, 2007

Random Night

So, the Canadians I was supposed to go on the literary pub crawl with tonight bailed on me, leaving me to play in a pool tournament tonight. Met a couple more cool Canadians who talked me into going on the pub crawl (again). Did that for a few hours and then went out in search of Whistle Winkies, which was supposed to have a cool indie night tonight. I knew the main street it was on, but not where exactly it was on that street. Was walking down S Bridge as it started to rain more and more. Finally gave up and started to head back to the hostel (already soaked by now) when I heard someone call out 'Mattie.' I look over, and it's Jordan, the Canadian I randomly met two nights ago. He's with some Eastern European chick who shields me from the pouring rain with her umbrella. No one knows where the club is. It finally stops raining, I head off in search of the club or my hostel again, and the club ends up being 10 feet from where I've spent the last 20 minutes standing. There is a cool indie band playing and the crowd ranges from drunk suits to standard indie kids. Had a good time and finally make it back to the hostel without being completely soaked (though I am pretty damned wet). Hopefully I will actually make it to the literary tour tomorrow night.

No comments: