Thursday, June 14, 2007

Back to Edinburgh

I´ve spent the past two nights in Zagreb, which has been a decent experience. The people here are definitelz nicer than in Budapest or Belgrade. My first night in, the owner was absolutely no help with info on places to go, or even how to get into the main part of town. All she had to help me was a small map showing the locations of other hotels and hostels (which I seriously considered using), and a map showing the ?bars?around the hostel. Of course, they consisted of a cafe that was closed at that point. Last night was better as several people were having a joint birthday BBQ--I ate a lot of meat and then later, we went to this big party on the football field outside the student dorms.

I am heading back to Edinburgh, where I might meet up with someone who was staying in the hostel in Glasgow. It's weird, but because it's relative familiarity, it almost feels like I'm heading back 'home' (hopefully it will be for a short time).

No comments: