Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Budapest

So far, Budapest has been a bit mixed. I have definitely met some friendly people here, but also some of the rudest that I have yet encountered. I spent yesterday walking around with Dee from the hostel in Prague and Kate. We went to check out the castle and then Kate and I checked out a Cathedral, but today will be my first day really exploring the city on my own. I have spent the last two nights at Szimpla, which has to be my favorite bar ever. It has that chill, Casey's sort of vibe, but a good mix of nationalities hanging out there, and the actual building itself is awesome. It is down some small side street in a rather dilapidated building with this awesome central courtyard with two bars off to either side and a nice terrace above.

Last night, I ended up running into these two English guys staying at the hostel and we got trapped in conversation with some rather condescending asshole for quite a while.

I spent my last night in Prague out with Alex, Jason, and Carrie, this cool girl from Berkley that we met in the bar at the hostel while waiting to head out. We waited a bit too long, though, as the bar that we had planned on checking out, Akropolis, was closing just as we finally made it there. We ended up going to some reggae place instead, which turned out to be very cool.

No comments: