Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cyrillic Sucks!

Got into Belgrade last night and went out with a couple of the people from the hostel and some some girl who lives here. Went to get snacks and then to a pretty cool club/boat on the river for a while. Met some locals who showed me around a little bit (and pretty much forced me to smoke a couple Lucky Strikes too). Went to this cool park, Kalemegdan, which is right by my hostel, but because the street signs are all in Cyrillic and my map was in Latin, navigation was pretty much impossible. It ended up taking me 40 + minutes to make my way back to the hostel.

I got up relatively early (considering I got back at 5:00 am) and got some awesome pizza on Kneza Mihaila, a regrettably touristy shopping area right next to the hostel, where I had 5 little kids and eventually their mother come up and ask me for a piece of pizza. Then, I walked around a bit, trying to use landmarks to make sense of my half-useless map and find my way about. Think I'm going to this underground (literally) club tonight. It's pretty damned hot here (though I'm sure not really as much as Phoenix.

No comments: